What if I was the Mega Millions winner?
1.5 Billion dollars! A 1 in 302.5 million odds of winning. If taken in one lump sum you would walk away with 877.8 million dollars!!! Holy shit!
So I’m sure that I’m not the only one that wondered “What if?”
If I had won this amount of money, here’s my list of things I would have done, immediately!
1. I would call our accountant! We would do all the money stuff, like set up trust funds and set up some investments. You know, what rich folks do.
2. Quit. My. Job. As much as I love where I work and what I do, if I was a sudden millionaire, I would also be an instant stay at home mom. No question!
3. Pay off all of our debt and the debt of my daughter and Father in law. We don’t have a lot but it would be the first thing that we paid. DONE!
4. Give Back. When something amazing comes your way you have a responsibility to pay it forward. These would be my top four places that I would start. Our church and school. The American Heart Association as both my parents died of cardiac disease. Pediatric Cancer Research, kids only get 4% of federal funding and that’s a disgrace. The Oregon Humane Society, because I adore animals and they need help.
5. Build a new house. I wouldn’t move, but we would be building our dream home on our current property.
(It would be similar to this)
6. I would bless my daughter and future son-in-law with the wedding of their dreams. Right now we are on a beer budget when she deserves a champagne wedding LOL. I wish I was in a position to give her the dream wedding every girl deserves.
7. We would buy some vehicles! A couple old and a couple new. We always buy our cars used and have only owned two brand new cars in our whole lives. So that would be in the top 10 things this family would do. His and hers….
8. Be gone! We would pack everyone up and we would be out of here for a while! A nice long vacation somewhere warm, with adult beverages in hand while my babies play and relax.
9. Take care of those we love. The ones who have been there for us and would still be “real” even if we became wealthy. They know who they are, and if they don’t…..well I guess it would be one hell of a surprise!
10. Relax and enjoy life. I know the old saying that wealth won’t buy you happiness, and I understand it. But, wealth would give me the opportunity to relax and enjoy my life the way I want to. I wouldn’t have the stress of worrying about money or how to buy my kids new cleats for football. Or the many other things that plague middle American families. I’m already extremely happy, money would just make me nicer to be around.
So to the winner of this historical jackpot of cold hard cash. Live well. Congratulations! Be kind and I’m always taking donations!
**Follow me here and on Facebook, Instagram, & YouTube.
**What would you do with this kind of money? Leave me a comment. XOXO